Marangu Route, also known as the Coca Cola route is more popular because it can be done in fewer days and has permanent sleeping huts at the campsites.
Marangu is, unfortunately, less scenic than the other routes because the ascent and descent are along the same path. It is also the most crowded route for that reason.
Duration: 6 Days on the Mountain
Arrive In Tanzania:
Pick up from Kilimanjaro International Airport to Moshi or Marangu, which is a beautiful place located on the lower slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro.
Our Mountain Guide will gather for a pre-climb briefing and gear check also he will arrange for you to hire any equipment you may need from the Kilipeak Adventure store
Dinner and overnight at Moshi or Marangu: Bed, and Breakfast included.
Day 1: Marangu Gate – Mandara Hut.
After having your breakfast we will drive from Moshi or Marangu to Kilimanjaro national park- Marangu gate for the necessary formalities at the gate. We start the climb through the fascinating tropical rain forest; we reach the first hut at Mandara for dinner and overnight. An alternative is to simply rest and relax in the beautiful forest around the camp.
Marangu Gate to Mandara Hut (2,700 m): 5-6 hours walking.
Day 2: Mandara Hut – Horombo Hut.
Today the first part of the walk is a steep ascent through the forest, but the path soon opens out into moorland and, in clear weather, there are great views of Kibo and Mawenzi peaks.
We arrive at Horombo Hut mid-afternoon, where you can relax and enjoy the stunning scenery around the camp.
Mandara Hut to Horombo Hut (3,720 m): 4-6 hours walking.
Day 3: Horombo Hut – Mawezi Turn- Horombo Hut. (Acclamatization)
Today we walk towards the Mawenzi hut, passing the Zebra Rocks, this extra day and night at Horombo are for additional acclimatization. We recommend drinking enough water and walking slowly! All meals for the day are provided at the Horrombo hut.
Horombo hut for further to improves our acclimatization.
Day 4: Horombo Hut – Kibo Hut.
Today we climb very gradually towards the lunar desert of the Saddle between Mawenzi and Kibo. These 6-7 hours walking will be taken at a slow pace until we reach Kibo Hut (4,700m), where we will spend the night in a comfortable hut.
There is no running water at Kibo Hut. The remainder of the day is spent relaxing in preparation for the final ascent before a very early night.
Horombo Hut to Kibo Hut (4,700 m.); 4-6 hours walking.
Day 5: Kibo Hut – Summit – Horombo Hut.
Wake up before midnight in the cover of darkness. We begin a steep climb over loose volcanic scree has some well-graded zig-zags and a slow but steady pace will take us to the rim of the main crater, Gillman’s 5,685 m. We will rest there for a few minutes to enjoy the sunrise over Mawenzi. Those who are still feeling good can continue slowly to make the three-hour round trip from here along the crater rim to Uhuru peak 5,895 m. which is the highest point in Africa. After a few minutes to appreciate your accomplishment we descend to Kibo Hut is amazingly fast, and we stop at Kibo Hut for some refreshment, we continue to descend to reach Horombo Hut.
Kibo Hut to Summit to Horombo Hut (3,720 m.): 13-15 hours walking.
Day 6: Horombo Hut – Marangu Gate.
Today we will descend past Mandara hut to Marangu Gate, successful climbers will receive their summit certificates. From here you will be transferred to Babylon Lodge- Marangu or Kilimanjaro wonders Hotel– Moshi for dinner and overnight.
Horombo Hut to Marangu Gate. (6-7 hours walking).
E-mail us at any time to discuss your trip and get an accurate quotation.
Mount Kilimanjaro Trekking – Marangu Route – 6 Days Include:
• Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees
• Airport transfer on arrival and departure
• Hotel Lodging the night before and the night after the climb, (double occupancy)
• Transfer from your hotel to starting point for your climb and return to your hotel after your climb
• Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
• All Kilimanjaro National Park gate fees, camping fees, and climbing permits.
• Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees (Kilimanjaro Rescue Team)
• Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
• Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
• Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters, and cook
• Salaries for the mountain crew as per guidelines set by Kilimanjaro National Park
• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
• Water for washing up daily
• Porter to carry your duffel bag (max weight 15kg / 32 lbs) from one camp to the next camp.
• Kilimanjaro National Park certificate for your successful summit attempt
• A comprehensive Climbing Kilimanjaro travel info pack
Mount Kilimanjaro Trekking – Marangu Route – 6 Days Excludes:
• Flights and airport taxes
• Items of a personal nature
• Compulsory tips for guides, porters, and cook
• Health requirements (Yellow Fever compulsory if traveling to Tanzania recommended)
• Highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
• Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in Tanzania
• Snacks, personal medicine, and water purifying tablets
Success is what we want during our trip. We are prepared for any urgent situation and also have in place a complete evacuation procedure in case of altitude sickness. We carry first aid supplies, supplement summit oxygen, and Pulse Oximeters).
all customers traveling with Kilipeak Adventure are required to have fully comprehensive travel insurance.
The policy needs to be valid from the date that the initial order is placed so as to provide cover for a cancellation prior to departure.
During travel, the insurance needs to provide comprehensive medical, evacuation, and repatriation cover.
|Are you interested with our Group Tour Packages?||Join now|