Duration: 5 Days on the Mountain. & 2 Days before and After Climb
Destinations: Mount Kilimanjaro Trekking – Marangu Route – 5 Days
Major Attractions: Vegetation zones, Wildlife, Mt Kilimanjaro
The Marangu route, also known as the “Coca-Cola” route, is the oldest, most well-established route on Kilimanjaro. This is the only route that offers sleeping huts in dormitory-style, Accommodation is in shared huts with bunk beds and the ascent is via Gilman’s point on the rim of the Kibo Volcano. This route descends the same way it ascends.
Day 1: Arrive In Tanzania
Meet anytime at Kilimanjaro International Airport by a staff of Kilipeak Adventure driven to Arusha or Marangu for accommodation
Our Kilimanjaro Expert will gather in the hotel for a pre-climb briefing and an equipment check.
Dinner and overnight at Arusha or Marangu:
Day 2: Marangu Gate – Mandara Hut: | Rainforest
Elevation: 1830m/6000ft to 2740m/9000ft
We depart from Hotel to the National Park gate for the necessary formalities at the gate before beginning our trek. The hiking trail begins by ascending a beautiful, tropical rain forest. At the upper edge of the forest line, we have the opportunity to see blue colobus monkeys. later afternoon we reach the first camp at Mandara for dinner and overnight.
Marangu Gate to Mandara Hut: 4-5 hours walking.
Day 3: Mandara Huts – Horombo Huts: | Mooreland
Elevation: 2740m/9000ft to 3690m/12,100ft
The first part of the walk is a steep ascent through the forest, but the path soon opens out into moorland, and, in clear weather, there are great views of Kibo and Mawenzi peaks.
We arrive at Horombo Hut mid-afternoon, where you can relax and enjoy the stunning scenery around the camp.
Mandara Hut to Horombo Hut: 4-6 hours walking.
Day 4: Horombo Huts – Kibo Huts: | Semi-Desert
Elevation: 3690m/12,100ft to 4695m/15,400ft
We climb very gradually towards the lunar desert of the Saddle between Mawenzi and Kibo. Walking will be taken at a slow pace until we reach Kibo Hut (4,700m), where we will spend the night in a comfortable hut.
The remainder of the day is spent relaxing in preparation for the final ascent before a very early night.
Horombo Hut to Kibo Hut; 4-6 hours walking.
Day 5: Kibo Huts – Summit – Horombo Huts: | Glaciers, Snow Capped Summit
Elevation: 4695m/15,400ft to 5895m/19,340ft
Descent to 3690m/12,100ft
Wake up before midnight in the cover of darkness. We begin a steep climb over loose volcanic scree has some well-graded zig-zags and a slow but steady pace will take us to the rim of the main crater, Gillman’s 5,685 m. We will rest there for a few minutes to enjoy the sunrise over Mawenzi. Those who are still feeling good can continue slowly to make the three-hour round trip from here along the crater rim to Uhuru peak 5,895 m. which is the highest point in Africa. After a few minutes to appreciate your accomplishment we descend to Kiko Hut is amazingly fast, and we stop at Kibo Hut for some refreshment, we continue to descend to reach Horrombo Hut.
Kibo Hut to Summit to Horombo Hut: 13-15 hours walking.
Day 6: Horombo Huts – Marangu Gate: / Rainforest
Elevation: 3690m/12,100 to 1830m/6000ft
The descending will pass Mandara hut to Marangu National Park, successful climbers will receive their summit certificates. From here you will be transferred to the hotel overnight.
Horombo Hut to Marangu Gate. (6-7 hours of walking).
Dinner and overnight at Arusha or Marangu:
Day 7: Departing Day
After breakfast, we will arrange a departure transfer to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) for your flight unless you have an option to have a short safari or any other option we will discuss.
Mount Kilimanjaro Trekking – Marangu Route – 5 Days Includes:
• Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees
• Transfers from Airport before and after a trip
• Hotel before and after the climb, B&B. (double occupancy)
• Transfer to the starting point and return after your climb
• Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
• All Park fees, camping fees, and climbing permits.
• Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees
• Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
• Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
• Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters, and cook
• Salaries for the mountain crew
• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
• Water for washing up daily
• Porter to carry your duffel bag (max weight 15kg / 32 lbs)
• Kilimanjaro National Park certificate for your successful summit attempt
• A comprehensive Climbing Kilimanjaro travel info pack
• Flying Doctor Service
Mount Kilimanjaro Trekking – Marangu Route – 5 Days Excludes:
• Flights and airport taxes
• Items of a personal nature
• Compulsory tips for guides, porters, and cooks. (will provide tipping guideline sheet)
• Health requirements (Yellow Fever if traveling to Tanzania recommended)
• Highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
• Personal hiking/trekking gear – (we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in Tanzania)
• Snacks, personal medicine.
Success is what we want during our trip. We are prepared for any urgent situation and also have in place a complete evacuation procedure in case of altitude sickness. We carry first aid supplies, supplement summit oxygen, and Pulse Oximeters).
All customers traveling with Kilipeak Adventure are required to have fully comprehensive travel insurance.
The policy needs to be valid from the date that the initial order is placed so as to provide cover for a cancellation prior to departure.
During travel, the insurance needs to provide comprehensive medical, evacuation, and repatriation cover.
|Are you interested with our Group Tour Packages?||Join now|