Duration: 6 Days on the Mountain and 2 Days Before & After Trekking.
Category: Kilimanjaro Trekking
Itinerary: Mount Kilimanjaro Trekking – Umbwe Route – 6 Days
Major Attractions: Vegetation zones, Wildlife, Mt Kilimanjaro
Umbwe route. This route is the shortest and steepest of all of Kilimanjaro routes and most direct routes to the Southern Glaciers, Western Breach and Uhuru Peak. It is probably the most scenic, non-technical route on Kilimanjaro. However, it is quite taxing, primarily due to the relatively fast ascent to a higher altitude, but the rewards are plentiful. be attempted by strong hikers who are confident in their ability to acclimatize quickly to high altitude
Arrival to Tanzania
We stay at Arusha to Green Mountain Hotel which is a beautiful Hotel located on the lower slopes of Mount Meru and is a perfect place to prepare you for adventure.
You are head Mountain guide will meet you for a pre-climb briefing and an equipment check.
Dinner and overnight at Green Mountain Lodge: Bed, dinner, and Breakfast-included.
Day 1: Umbwe Gate – Umbwe Cave: | Moorland
The climb starts from Umbwe Gate (1,800 m.) The path follows a ridge between two deep valleys up through the dense montane forest. The camp is perched between huge trees and thick undergrowth. There is no water available at this campsite, so we must carry from the gate all the water needed for drinking, food preparation, and cleaning.
Umbwe Gate to Umbwe Cave (at 3,000 m); 6-8 hours walking.
Day 2: Umbwe Cave – Barranco Camp: | Moorland
The path gets steeper on this section, as you get out of the forest along the Umbwe ridge the route descends slightly to the Barranco camp situated in the valley.
Umbwe Cave to Barranco valley (3,950 m); 4-6 hours walking.
Day 3: Barranco Camp – Karanga Camp: | Alpine Desert
A steep climb up the eastern wall leads us just below the Heim Glacier, where we may have some spectacular views of Kilimanjaro. We then take a steep exit up the Great Barranco Wall, which divides us from the southeastern slopes of Kibo, the trail continues down into the alpine desert of the Karanga Valley, finally, we have a steep climb up to Karanga Camp.
Barranco Valley to Karanga camp (4,000 m): 4-5 hours walking.
Day 4: Karanga Camp – Barafu Camp: | Alpine Desert
A steep climb out of Karanga, and an easy path on compacted scree with wide views through this empty and dry landscape up to Barafu Camp.
The two peaks Kibo and Mawenzi can be seen from Barafu Camp. After a hot lunch at the Camp, The remainder of the day is spent resting as we prepare for the final ascent before an early night summit walk.
Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp (4,600 m.): 3-4 hours walking.
Day 5: Barafu Camp – Summit: up | – Mweka CAMP: down| Glaciers, Snow Capped Summit
Wake up before midnight in the cover of darkness. We begin a steep climb over loose volcanic scree has some well-graded zig-zags and a slow but steady pace will take us to the rim of the main crater, Stella Point, at 5,735m. We will rest there for a few minutes to enjoy the sunrise over Mawenzi. Those who are still feeling good can continue slowly to make the two hour round trip from here along the crater rim to the main peak (5,895 m), which is the highest point in Africa. After a few minutes to appreciate your accomplishment we descend to Barafu is amazingly fast, and we stop at Barafu Camp for some refreshment, we continue to descend to reach Mweka Camp.
Barafu Camp to Summit to Mweka Camp (3100 m): 13-15 hours walking.
Day 6: Mweka Camp– Mweka Gate | Rainforest
A gentle walk takes us down through the rainforest to Mweka gate successful climbers will receive their summit certificates. After lunch, we drive back to Arusha
Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate: 3-5 hours walking.
Dinner and overnight to Arusha: BB
Arusha to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) for your flight unless you have an option to have a short safari, relaxing to Zanzibar beach, or any other option we will discuss.
Mount Kilimanjaro Trekking – Umbwe Route – 6 Days Includes:
• Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees
• Airport transfers
• Hotel before and after the climb, (double occupancy)
• Portable chemical toilet
• Transfer to starting point return after your climb
• Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
• All Park fees, camping fees.
• Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees
• Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
• Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
• Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters, and cook
• Salaries for the mountain crew.
• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
• Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress
• Water for washing up daily
• Porter to carry your duffel bag (max weight 15kg / 32 lbs)
• Kilimanjaro National Park certificate for your successful summit attempt
• A comprehensive Climbing Kilimanjaro travel info pack
• Flying Doctor Service
Mount Kilimanjaro Trekking – Umbwe Route – 6 Days Excludes:
• Flights and airport taxes
• Items of a personal nature
• Compulsory tips for guides, porters, and cook
• Health requirements (Yellow Fever compulsory if traveling to Tanzania recommended)
• Highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
• Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in Tanzania
• Snacks, personal medicine, and water purifying tablets
• Meals & drinks not specified and snacks.
Success is what we want during our trip. We are prepared for any urgent situation and also have in place a complete evacuation procedure in case of altitude sickness. We carry first aid supplies, supplement summit oxygen, and Pulse Oximeters).
all customers traveling with Kilipeak Adventure are required to have fully comprehensive travel insurance.
The policy needs to be valid from the date that the initial order is placed so as to provide cover for a cancellation prior to departure.
During travel, the insurance needs to provide comprehensive medical, evacuation, and repatriation cover.
|Are you interested with our Group Tour Packages?||Join now|