Arrive In Tanzania:
We pick you up from Kilimanjaro Airport to Arusha for Accommodation
Mountin guide witll gather at the hotel for a pre-climb briefing and an equipment check.
Dinner and overnight at Arusha: BB
Day 1: Shira One Camp.
After breakfast at Arusha we drive approximately 2 hours through the rural countryside to the Londrossi Gate. For the necessary park registration formalities at the Londorossi National Park gate, we drive a short distance on a steep track through farmland and plantations to the starting of Shira Route. We start our ascent along with the shrub forests the trail climbs steadily with wide views of Kibo Icefield to reach the rim of the Shira Plateau.
Londrossi Gate to Shira One Camp (3550 m): 4-5 hours walking.
Day 2: Shira Camp.
Today we follow an easy path to the summit of Shira Cathedral before reaching the next camp at Shira Hut.
As this camp is quite exposed, it can be substantially colder than the previous night, with temperatures dropping to well below freezing.
Shira Camp One to Shira Hut (3,840 m): 4-5 hours walking.
Day 3: Moir Hut.
In the morning we cross-part of the plateau through lush of heather and moorland then into expensive high Savannah desert before reaching Moir hut in the alpine zone. For extra acclimatization one can take walk around for the higher lands around the camp; views are superb. Lunch will be served at the Fisher camp.
The afternoon will be the acclimatization walk up onto the Lent Hills, the summit of which is at 4,700 meters.
Shira Hut to Moir Hut (4,200m): 3-4 hours walking.
Day 4: Barranco Valley.
Today we walk on a gentle ascent and panoramic views. We traverse the southwest side of Kilimanjaro, passing underneath the Lava Tower and the final section of the Western Breach and after hot lunch the bottom of the Lava Tower (4,600 m.) we descend to the bottom of the Great Barranco valley (3,900 m.).
Moir Hut to Barranco valley (3,900 m.): 5-7 hours walking.
Day 5: Karanga Camp.
A steep climb up the eastern wall leads us just below the Heim Glacier, where we may have some spectacular views of Kilimanjaro. We then take a steep exit up the Great Barranco Wall, which divides us from the southeastern slopes of Kibo, the trail continues down into the alpine desert of the Karanga Valley, finally, we have a steep climb up to Karanga Camp
Barranco Valley to Karanga camp (4,000 m): 4-5 hours walking.
Day 6: Karanga Camp
Today we take the Traverse Route that takes up the Barafu Ridge, we walk up quite slowly to the final camp before your last ascent day to the summit.
The remainder of the day is spent relaxing in preparation for the final ascent before a very early night.
Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp (4,600 m): 3-4 hours walking.
Day 7: Summit – Mweka Camp.
Wake up before midnight in the cover of darkness. We begin a steep climb over loose volcanic scree has some well-graded zig-zags and a slow but steady pace will take us to the rim of the main crater, Stella Point, at 5,735m. We will rest there for a few minutes to enjoy the sunrise over Mawenzi. Those who are still feeling good can continue slowly to make the two hour round trip from here along the crater rim to the main peak (5,895 m), which is the highest point in Africa. After a few minutes to appreciate your accomplishment we descend to Barafu is amazingly fast, and we stop at Barafu Camp for some refreshment, we continue to descend to reach Mweka Camp.
Barafu Camp to Summit to Mweka Camp (3100 m): 13-15 hours walking.
Day 8: Mweka Gate – Arusha
A gentle walk takes us down through the rainforest to Mweka gate successful climbers will receive their summit certificates. After lunch, we drive back to Arusha at Karama Lodge and Spa.
Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate: 3-5 hours walking.
Dinner and overnight at Karama Lodge and Spa: Bed, dinner, and Breakfast-included.
After saying bye to our team of guides then you need a private departure transfer which is included from Arusha to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) for your flight unless you have an option to have a short safari or any other option we will discuss.
E-mail us at any time to discuss your trip and get an accurate quotation.
8 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Shira Route Group Join Climb Includes:
- Pick-up and drop-off at Kilimanjaro International Airport;
- Transfer to the starting point and return after your climb.
- All Kilimanjaro National Park gate fees, camping fees, and climbing permits
- Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees
- Accommodation before and after trek (double occupancy)
- Tented accommodation on Mount Kilimanjaro.
All accommodation is on sharing basis (i.e. you will be sharing with your travel companion a twin/double room in the hotel and a tent during the hike. If you travel alone, we will match you with a same-sex adventurer).
- Breakfast in the hotel before and after the hike;
- All meals on the hike. Our Kilimanjaro diet includes energy-rich and highly nutritious meals prepared by our professional high-altitude cooks.
- All drinks on the hike (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and water).
- Water for washing up daily
Hiking and safety equipment
- All group equipment (spacious and comfortable dining tent, camping table and chairs, crockery and cutlery);
- Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summing aid) and oximeters;
- Complete medical kits.
- Private Chemical Portable toilet
- Professional guides, licensed by Kilimanjaro National Park. All our guides are the holder of Wilderness First Responder or Wilderness First Aid certifications. All our guides have 5+years of successful mountaineering experience;
- Dedicated support crew (assistant guide, porters, cooks, etc.).
8 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Shira Route Group Join Climb Excludes:
• Flights and airport taxes
• Items of a personal nature
• Compulsory tips for guides, porters, and cook ( will provide tipping guideline)
• Health requirements (Yellow Fever compulsory if traveling to Tanzania recommended)
• Highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
• Personal hiking/trekking gear – you can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in Tanzania
• Snacks, personal medicine.
• Meals & drinks not specified and snacks.
Success is what we want during our trip. We are prepared for any urgent situation and also have in place a complete evacuation procedure in case of altitude sickness. We carry first aid supplies, supplement summit oxygen, and Pulse Oximeters).
all customers traveling with Kilipeak Adventure are required to have fully comprehensive travel insurance.
The policy needs to be valid from the date that the initial order is placed so as to provide cover for a cancellation prior to departure.
During travel, the insurance needs to provide comprehensive medical, evacuation, and repatriation cover.
Mount Kilimanjaro Private and Small Group Climbs
Private and small group climb allow you to choose to hike Kilimanjaro or Meru to tailor your trip according to your personal needs and preferences. You choose the dates, route, and options and only travel with your private group of friends or family...