5 Days Kilimanjaro Marangu Route Group Join Climb – The Marangu route, also known as the “Coca-Cola” route, is the oldest, most well-established route on Mount Kilimanjaro. This is the only route that offers sleeping huts in dormitory-style, Accommodation is in shared huts with bunk beds and the ascent is via Gilman’s point on the rim of the Kibo Volcano. This Marangu route descends the same way it ascends.
Arrive In Tanzania
Meet anytime at Kilimanjaro International Airport by a staff of Kilipeak Adventure driven to Arusha or Marangu for accommodation
Our Kilimanjaro Expert will gather in the hotel for a pre-climb briefing and an equipment check.
Dinner and overnight at Arusha or Marangu/ Moshi:
Day 1: Marangu Gate – Mandara Hut: | Rainforest
Elevation: 1830m/6000ft to 2740m/9000ft
We depart from Hotel to the National Park gate for the necessary formalities at gate before beginning our trek. The hiking trail begins by ascending a beautiful, tropical rain forest. At the upper edge of the forest line, we have the opportunity to see blue colobus monkeys. later afternoon we reach the first camp at Mandara for dinner and overnight.
Marangu Gate to Mandara Hut: 4-5 hours walking.
Day 2: Mandara Huts – Horombo Huts: | Mooreland
Elevation: 2740m/9000ft to 3690m/12,100ft
The first part of the walk is a steep ascent through the forest, but the path soon opens out into moorland, and, in clear weather, there are great views of Kibo and Mawenzi peaks.
We arrive at Horombo Hut in mid-afternoon, where you can relax and enjoy the stunning scenery around the camp.
Mandara Hut to Horombo Hut: 4-6 hours walking.
Day 3: Horombo Huts – Kibo Huts: | Semi-Desert
Elevation: 3690m/12,100ft to 4695m/15,400ft
We climb very gradually towards the lunar desert of the Saddle between Mawenzi and Kibo. Walking will be taken at a slow pace until we reach Kibo Hut (4,700m), where we will spend the night in a comfortable hut.
The remainder of the day is spent relaxing in preparation for the final ascent before a very early night.
Horombo Hut to Kibo Hut; 4-6 hours walking.
Day 4: Kibo Huts – Summit – Horombo Huts: | Glaciers, Snow Capped Summit
Elevation: 4695m/15,400ft to 5895m/19,340ft
Descent to 3690m/12,100ft
Wake up before midnight in the cover of darkness. We begin a steep climb over loose volcanic scree has some well-graded zig-zags and a slow but steady pace will take us to the rim of the main crater, Gillman’s 5,685 m. We will rest there for a few minutes to enjoy the sunrise over Mawenzi. Those who are still feeling good can continue slowly to make the three-hour round trip from here along the crater rim to Uhuru peak 5,895 m. which is the highest point in Africa. After a few minutes to appreciate your accomplishment we descend to Kiko Hut is amazingly fast, and we stop at Kibo Hut for some refreshment, we continue to descend to reach Horrombo Hut.
Kibo Hut to Summit to Horombo Hut: 13-15 hours walking.
Day 5: Horombo Huts – Marangu Gate: / Rainforest
Elevation: 3690m/12,100 to 1830m/6000ft
The descending will pass Mandara hut to Marangu National Park, successful climbers will receive their summit certificates. From here you will be transferred to the hotel overnight.
Horombo Hut to Marangu Gate. (6-7 hours of walking).
Dinner and overnight at Arusha or Marangu:
5 Days Kilimanjaro Marangu Route Group Join Climb Includes:
- Transfer to the starting point and return after your climb.
- All Kilimanjaro National Park gate fees, Hut fees, and climbing permits
- Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees
- Hut accommodation on Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Breakfast in the hotel before and after the hike;
- All meals on the hike. Our Kilimanjaro diet includes energy-rich and highly nutritious meals prepared by our professional high-altitude cooks.
- All drinks on the hike (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and water).
Hiking and safety equipment
- All group equipment
- Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summing aid) and oximeters;
- Complete medical kits.
- Private Chemical Portable toilet
- Professional guides, licensed by Kilimanjaro National Park. All our guides are holders of Wilderness First Responder or Wilderness First Aid certifications. All our guides have 5+years of successful mountaineering experience;
- Dedicated support crew (assistant guide, porters, cooks, etc.).
5 Days Kilimanjaro Marangu Route Group Join Climb Excludes;
• Flights and airport taxes
• Items of a personal nature
• Airport transfers
• Highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
• Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in Tanzania
• Snacks, personal medicine, and water purifying tablets
• accommodation before and after trek
• Tips and any items of personal nature.
Mount Kilimanjaro Private and Small Group Climbs
Private and small group climb allow you to choose to hike Kilimanjaro or Meru to tailor your trip according to your personal needs and preferences. You choose the dates, route, and options and only travel with your private group of friends or family...