KILIMANJARO-MARANGU ROUTE 6 DAYS ITINERARY begins and ends at Kilimanjaro Mountain Resort Hotel in Marangu.
THE BEST MONTHS TO CLIMB KILIMANJARO.
Normally March, April, and May are the months with long rains and should be avoided.
November is usually short rains but it does not often rain all the days so Climbing is possible.
The best Months for climbing Mount Kilimanjaro are January, February and also August and September.
July can be colder and November to December can be wet.
January to February is the warmest months, almost clear of clouds each evening and morning.
The success rates with our guides are outstanding compared to the overall success rates for all climbers who attempt to reach the top.
SUMMIT SUCCESS RATES: GILMAN’S POINT (92%). UHURU PEAK (90%).
The cost is $1850 per person. Price per person varies depending on group sizes.
The above prices should be used as a guide only. Real pricing will be based on group size and itinerary desires.
Pricing is normally based on the number of people and the options desired for the trip.
For smaller groups pricing can be similar and sometimes less expensive than regular expedition prices listed on the website.
For larger groups, the price may be similar to our posted prices but the private option is an excellent way to ensure you are receiving a level of attention that is determined by your particular needs.
After we receive your booking we will send you the trip note with your booking confirmation, as it is the final definitive statement of inclusions and trip details, and it forms an essential part of our booking contract with you.
Both to assist your understanding and to avoid any misunderstandings.
Our trips are for active, flexible-minded people who enjoy the unusual and the adventurous.
For trips that have an emphasis on mountain climbing and wildlife safari, you need to remember that even the easiest trekking or walking safari involves some exertion, so you should be reasonably fit and sure that you will enjoy the activity.
DAY1: ARRIVE IN TANZANIA:
Arrive anytime at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO), there will be a private transfer from Kilipeak Adventure company waiting at the airport to pick you to Kilimanjaro Mountain Resort in Marangu.
All airport transfers are the part of the package, no extra fee is required. We stay at Kilimanjaro Mountain Resort, which is a beautiful Hotel located on the lower slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro and is a perfect place to prepare you for adventure.
We will gather in the evening at 5:30 pm for a pre-climb briefing and an equipment check.
We will also confirm you have the appropriate mandatory medical coverage and travel insurance.
Dinner and overnight at Kilimanjaro Mountain Resort: Bed, Dinner and Breakfast-included.
DAY 2: MANDARA HUT (FULL BOARD)
After having your breakfast we will make a short journey from your hotel in Marangu to Kilimanjaro National Park gate Marangu gate for the necessary formalities at the gate. We start the climbs through fascinating tropical rain forest; we reach the first hut at Mandara for dinner and overnight. An alternative is to simply rest and relax the beautiful forest around the camp.
Marangu Gate to Mandara Hut (2,700 m): 5-6 hours walking.
DAY 3: HORROMBO HUT (FULL BOARD)
Today the first part of the walk is a steep ascent through the forest, but the path soon opens out into moorland and, in clear weather, there are great views of Kibo and Mawenzi peaks.
We arrive at Horombo Hut mid-afternoon, where you can relax and enjoy the stunning scenery around the camp.
Mandara Hut to Horombo Hut (3,720 m): 4-6 hours walking.
DAY 4: HORROMBO HUT (FULL BOARD)
Today we walk towards the Mawenzi hut, passing the Zebra Rocks, this extra day and night at Horombo are for additional acclimatization. We recommend drinking enough water and walking slowly! All meals for the day are provided at the Horrombo hut.
Horombo hut for further toimproves our acclimatization.
DAY 5: KIBO HUT (FULL BOARD)
Today we climb very gradually towards the lunar desert of the Saddle between Mawenzi and Kibo. These 6-7 hours walking will be taken at a slow pace until we reach Kibo Hut (4,700m), where we will spend the night in a comfortable hut.
There is no running water at Kibo Hut. The remainder of the day is spent relaxing in preparation for the final ascent before a very early night.
Horrombo Hut to Kibo Hut (4,700 m.); 4-6 hours walking.
DAY 6: KIBO HUT TO SUMMIT TO HORROMBO HUT (FULL BOARD)
Wake up before midnight in the cover of darkness. We begin a steep climb over loose volcanic scree has some well-graded zig-zags and a slow but steady pace will take us to the rim of the main crater, Gillman’s 5,685 m. We will rest there for a few minutes to enjoy the sunrise over Mawenzi. Those who are still feeling good can continue slowly to make the three hour round trip from here along the crater rim to Uhuru peak 5,895 m. which is the highest point in Africa. After a few minutes to appreciate your accomplishment we descend to Kibo Hut is amazingly fast, and we stop at Kibo Hut for some refreshment, we continue to descend to reach Horombo Hut.
Kibo Hut to Summit to Horombo Hut (3,720 m.): 13-15 hours walking.
DAY 7: HORROMBO HUT (FULL BOARD)
Today we will descend past Mandara hut to Marangu Gate, successful climbers will receive their summit certificates. From here you will be transferred to Kilimanjaro Mountain Resort for dinner and overnight.
Horombo Hut to Marangu Gate. (6-7 hours walking).
DAY 8: DEPARTING DAY:
After saying bye to our team of guides then you need a private departure transfer which is included from Marangu to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) for your flight unless you have an option to have a short safari or any other option we will discuss.
E-mail us at any time to discuss your trip and get an accurate quotation.
KILIMANJARO-MARANGU ROUTE 6 DAYS ITINERARY INCLUDES:
• Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees
• Return transfers Kilimanjaro airport to Moshi and Moshi to Kilimanjaro airport
• Hotel Lodging the night before and the night after the climb, with dinner and breakfast included (double occupancy)
• with bed dinner and breakfast
• Transfer from your hotel to starting point for your climb, and return to your hotel after your climb
• Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
• All Kilimanjaro National Park gate fees, camping fees, and climbing permits.
• Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees (Kilimanjaro Rescue Team)
• Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
• Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
• Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters and cook
• Salaries for mountain crew as per guidelines set by Kilimanjaro National Park
• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
• Water for washing up daily
• Porter to carry your duffel bag (max weight 15kg / 32 lbs) from one camp to the next camp.
• Kilimanjaro National Park certificate for your successful summit attempt
• A comprehensive Climbing Kilimanjaro travel info pack
• Flying Doctor Service
KILIMANJARO-MARANGU ROUTE 6 DAYS ITINERARY EXCLUDES:
• Flights and airport taxes
• Items of a personal nature
• Compulsory tips for guides, porters and cook (average tip is anything from US $ 230 to US $ 300 per hiker – depending on the number of days / how many hikers in the group and route chosen)
• South African passport holders do NOT require a visa for Tanzania, however, most other Nationalities require a visa for Tanzania
• Health requirements (Yellow Fever compulsory if traveling to Tanzania recommended)
• Highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
• Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in Tanzania
• Snacks, personal medicine, and water purifying tablets
• Meals & drinks not specified and snacks.
Success is what we want during our trip. We are prepared for any urgent situation and also have in place a complete evacuation procedure in case of altitude sickness. We carry first aid supplies, supplement summit oxygen and Pulse Oximeters).
all customers traveling with Kilipeak Adventure are required to have fully comprehensive travel insurance.
The policy needs to be valid from the date that the initial order is placed so as to provide cover for a cancellation prior to departure.
During travel, the insurance needs to provide comprehensive medical, evacuation and repatriation cover.