The Machame route, also known as the Whisky Route is one of the most scenics and recommended routes on Mount Kilimanjaro. This popular route with paths through magnificent forests to gain a ridge leading through the moorland zones to the Shira Plateau. It then traverses beneath the glaciated precipices of the Southern Ice fields to join the Barafu Route to the summit. The total Machame route distance is approximately 62 kilometers from gate to gate.
One can complete the Machame route on a 6day itinerary. Both options include a climb high, sleep low acclimatization day.
Duration: 6 or 7 days
Itinerary: Kilimanjaro 6 days Machame route trekking.
ARRIVE IN TANZANIA:
Upon arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport, you will be met and transferred to Moshi or Arusha. Your head guide will meet you for your briefing, gear check, and arrange for you to hire any equipment you may need.
We will also confirm you have the appropriate mandatory medical coverage and travel insurance.
Dinner and overnight at Moshi or Arusha. Bed, and Breakfast-included.
DAY 1: MACHAME GATE (1,640 meters) TO MACHAME HUT (2,835 meters)
The first-day trekking begins at Machame Gate (1,640 meters) Typically, you will drive from the town of Moshi or Arusha to the gate, we walk through the lush lower slopes of Mt. Kilimanjaro. Slowly gaining altitude while enjoying the diverse flora and fauna of the rain forest, you will arrive at the first Machame Hut, situated at 3000m above sea level
It is a clear day we may get our first closer look at the glaciated dome of Kibo if the evening clouds. Machame Gate to Machame Hut (6-7 hours walking.
DAY 2: MACHAME CAMP (2,835 meters) TO SHIRA CAMP 2 (3,850 meters)
A shorter day climbing up a steep ridge to reach a small semicircular cliff known as a picnic site, and continue up a gentler ascent through the lower alpine moorland, which is known for beautiful wild alpine flowers. The most spectacular views of Kibo peak can be seen from Shira Camp. Machame Hut to Shira Camp (4-6 hours walking.
DAY 3: SHIRA CAMP 2 (3,850m) VIA LAVA TOWER (4,600m) TO BARRANCO CAMP (3,900m)
Today we walk on a gentle ascent and panoramic views. We traverse the southwest side of Kilimanjaro, passing underneath the Lava Tower and the final section of the Western Breach and after hot lunch the bottom of the Lava Tower (4,600 m.) we descend to the bottom of the Great Barranco valley (3,900 m.).
Shira Camp to Barranco valley: 5-7 hours walking.
DAY 4: BARRANCO CAMP (3,900m) TO BARAFU CAMP (4,680m)
A steep climb up the eastern wall leads us just below the Heim Glacier, where we may have some spectacular views of Kilimanjaro. We then take a steep exit up the Great Barranco Wall, which divides us from the southeastern slopes of Kibo, the trail continues down into the alpine desert of the Karanga Valley. After a short break for a hot lunch, we take a steep climb out of Karanga, and an easy path on compacted scree with wide views through this empty and dry landscape up to Barafu Camp. Barranco Camp to Barafu Camp: 7-9 hours walking.
DAY 5: BARAFU CAMP (4,680 m) TO UHURU PEAK (5,895m) DOWN TO MWEKA CAMP (3,100m)
Wake up before midnight in the cover of darkness. We begin a steep climb over loose volcanic scree has some well-graded zig-zags and a slow but steady pace will take us to the rim of the main crater, Stella Point, at 5,735m. We will rest there for a few minutes to enjoy the sunrise over Mawenzi. Those who are still feeling good can continue slowly to make the two hour round trip from here along the crater rim to the main peak (5,895 m), which is the highest point in Africa. After a few minutes to appreciate your accomplishment we descend to Barafu is amazingly fast, and we stop at Barafu Camp for some refreshment, we continue to descend to reach Mweka Camp.
Barafu Camp to Summit to Mweka Camp: 13-15 hours walking.
DAY 6: MWEKA CAMP (3,100m) TO MWEKA GATE (1,640m)
A gentle walk takes us down through the rainforest to Mweka gate successful climbers will receive their summit certificates. From the gate, a vehicle will meet you with packed Lunch at Mweka village to drive you back to your hotel in Moshi or Arusha, Enjoy a long overdue hot shower, dinner, and celebrations!! Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate: 3-5 hours walking.
Overnight Moshi- Kilimanjaro Wonders Hotel or Arusha- Maasailand Safari Lodge B&B. before being transferred to your journey home, safari, or a relaxing trip to Zanzibar that we can discuss on arrival.
TREKKING KILIMANJARO FOR CHARITY CHALLENGE?
The above climb can be undertaken for your own personal charity or group charity.
KILIMANJARO 6 DAYS MACHAME ROUTE TREKKING INCLUDES:
• Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees
• Return transfers Kilimanjaro airport to Arusha and Arusha to Kilimanjaro airport
• Pre and Post accommodations (2 nights Bed and Breakfast, double occupancy)
• Transfer from your hotel to starting point for your climb and return to your hotel after your climb
• Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
• All Kilimanjaro National Park gate fees, camping fees, and climbing permits.
• Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees (Kilimanjaro Rescue Team)
• Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
• Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
• Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters, and cook
• Salaries for the mountain crew as per guidelines set by Kilimanjaro National Park
• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
• Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress
• Water for washing up daily
• Kilimanjaro National Park certificate for your successful summit attempt
• A comprehensive Climbing Kilimanjaro travel info pack
• Private Portable Chemical toilet
KILIMANJARO 6 DAYS MACHAME ROUTE TREKKING EXCLUDES:
• Flights and airport taxes
• Items of a personal nature
• Compulsory tips for guides, porters, and cook
• Health requirements (Yellow Fever compulsory if traveling to Tanzania recommended)
• Highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
• Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some from our equipment store in Tanzania
• Snacks, personal medicine, and water purifying tablets
• Meals & drinks not specified and snacks.
Success is what we want during our trip. We are prepared for any urgent situation and also have in place a complete evacuation procedure in case of altitude sickness. We carry first aid supplies, supplement summit oxygen, and Pulse Oximeters).
all customers traveling with Kilipeak Adventure are required to have fully comprehensive travel insurance.
The policy needs to be valid from the date that the initial order is placed so as to provide cover for a cancellation prior to departure.
During travel, the insurance needs to provide comprehensive medical, evacuation, and repatriation cover.
|Are you interested with our Group Tour Packages?||Join now|