10 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Trekking and Wildlife Safari, Includes Machame 6 Days trek, and 2 Days Safari to Ngorongoro crater and Lake Manyara national park with Kilipeak Adventure begins and ends at Plane Lodge in Arusha, Tanzania.
Clients may arrive at any time on day 1. There is a pre-trip meeting in the evening.
With prior notice, private transfers from Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) to your lodge in Arusha can be arranged by Kilipeak Adventure.
All airport transfers are part of the package, no extra fee is required.
The Machame route is the most popular on the mountain and not without good reason. Acclimatization allowance combined with varied topography and features along the way makes it one of the most interesting ascents of Mount Kilimanjaro.
We climb to the Shira Plateau, then traverse the mountain beneath Kilimanjaro’s Southern Icefield, before summiting from Barafu Hut. The total time on the mountain is 6 days.
Day 1: Arrival day for your Mt Kilimanjaro and Safari tour.
We stay at Planet Lodge, which is a beautiful Hotel located on the lower slopes of Mount Meru and is a perfect place to prepare you for adventure.
We will gather in the evening at 5:30 pm for a pre-climb briefing and an equipment check.
We will also confirm you have the appropriate mandatory medical coverage and travel insurance.
Dinner and overnight at Planet Lodge: Bed, Dinner, and Breakfast.
Day 2: Machame Gate to Machame Hut (Mount Klimanjaro Climb)
The climb starts from Machame gate (1830m), we walk through the lush lower slopes of Mt. Kilimanjaro. Slowly gaining altitude while enjoying the diverse flora and fauna of the rain forest, you will arrive at the first Machame Hut, situated at 3000m above sea level
It is a clear day we may get our first closer look at the glaciated dome of Kibo if the evening clouds permit.
Machame Gate to Machame Hut (3,000 m): 6-7 hours walking.
Day 4: Machame Camp to Shira Camp (Mount Kilimanjaro Climb)
A shorter day climbing up a steep ridge to reach a small semicircular cliff known as a picnic site, and continue up a gentler ascent through the lower alpine moorland, which is known for beautiful wild alpine flowers. The most spectacular views of the Kibo peak can be seen from Shira Camp.
Machame Hut to Shira Camp (3,840m); 4-6 hours walking.
Day 4: Shira Camp to Barranco Valley (Mount Kilimanjaro Climb)
Today we walk on a gentle ascent and panoramic views. We traverse the southwest side of Kilimanjaro, passing underneath the Lava Tower and the final section of the Western Breach and after hot lunch the bottom of the Lava Tower (4,600 m.) we descend to the bottom of the Great Barranco valley (3,900 m.).
Shira Camp to Barranco valley (3,900 m.): 5-7 hours walking.
Day 5: Barranco Camp to Barafu Camp (Mount Kilimanjaro Climb)
A steep climb up the eastern wall leads us just below the Heim Glacier, where we may have some spectacular views of Kilimanjaro. We then take a steep exit up the Great Barranco Wall, which divides us from the southeastern slopes of Kibo, the trail continues down into the alpine desert of the Karanga Valley. After a short break for a hot lunch, we take a steep climb out of Karanga, and an easy path on compacted scree with wide views through this empty and dry landscape up to Barafu Camp. The two peaks Kibo and Mawenzi can be seen from Barafu Camp. After a hot lunch at the Camp, The remainder of the day is spent resting as we prepare for the final ascent before an early night summit walk.
Barranco Camp to Barafu Camp (4,600 m): 7-9 hours walking.
Day 6: Barafu Camp to Summit to Mweka Camp (Mount Kilimanjaro Climb)
Wake up before midnight in the cover of darkness. We begin a steep climb over loose volcanic scree has some well-graded zig-zags and a slow but steady pace will take us to the rim of the main crater, Stella Point, at 5,735m. We will rest there for a few minutes to enjoy the sunrise over Mawenzi. Those who are still feeling good can continue slowly to make the two hour round trip from here along the crater rim to the main peak (5,895 m), which is the highest point in Africa. After a few minutes to appreciate your accomplishment we descend to Barafu is amazingly fast, and we stop at Barafu Camp for some refreshment, we continue to descend to reach Mweka Camp.
Barafu Camp to Summit to Mweka Camp (3100 m): 13-15 hours walking.
Day 7: Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate back Arusha (End of Mount Kilimanjaro Climb)
A gentle walk takes us down through the rainforest to Mweka gate successful climbers will receive their summit certificates. After lunch, we drive back to Arusha Safari Lodge.
Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate: 3-5 hours walking.
Dinner and overnight at Planet Lodge: Bed, and Breakfast.
Day 8: Game Drive to Ngorongoro Crater.(Tanzania Safari)
Today we will descend 2000 feet (over 600 meters) to the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater for your crater tour. Here we will explore the forest areas inhabited by monkeys and elephants, the lake area, where we may see flamingos. We will also visit the open savannah where the lions hunt. Picnic lunch will be served in the crater. In the late afternoon, we make a short journey to Karatu.
Dinner and overnight at Eileen’s Tree inn Lodge: Bed, dinner, breakfast, and lunch.
Day 9: Lake Manyara National Park. (Tanzania Safari)
We depart from your lodge in Karatu and proceed to Lake Manyara National Park. Although small in size, this park is one of the most diverse reserves in the country. Lake Manyara covers two-thirds of the park. At the backdrop is the wall of the Great Rift Valley, before which lies the groundwater forest, areas of open grassland near the lake foreshore, and the Soda Lake. We enjoy a picnic lunch in this area, which consists of open grassy areas, hot springs, dense woodlands, and steep mountainsides. Lake Manyara National Park is a birding paradise that has more than 350 species of bird. The park is also famed for its unique and elusive tree-climbing lions.
In the afternoon we drive back to Arusha.
Dinner and overnight at Planet Lodge: Bed, Dinner, and Breakfast.
Day 10: Departure.
Depending on your flight schedule and departure point you will be transferred to the airport to connect your flight for further travel.
10 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Trekking and Wildlife Safari Includes:
• Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees
• Return transfers Kilimanjaro airport to Arusha and Arusha to Kilimanjaro airport
• Hotel Lodging the night before and the night after the climb, with dinner and breakfast included (double occupancy)
• with bed dinner and breakfast
• Transfer from your hotel to starting point for your climb and return to your hotel after your climb
• Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
• All Kilimanjaro National Park gate fees, camping fees, and climbing permits.
• Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees (Kilimanjaro Rescue Team)
• Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
• Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
• Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters and cook
• Salaries for the mountain crew as per guidelines set by Kilimanjaro National Park
• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
• Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress
• Water for washing up daily
• Porter to carry your duffel bag (max weight 15kg / 32 lbs) from one camp to the next camp.
• Kilimanjaro National Park certificate for your successful summit attempt
• A comprehensive Climbing Kilimanjaro travel info pack
• Flying Doctor Service
10 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Trekking and Wildlife Safari Excludes:
• Flights and airport taxes
• Items of a personal nature
• Compulsory tips for guides, porters and cook (average tip is anything from US $ 230 to US $ 300 per hiker – depending on the number of days / how many hikers in the group and route chosen)
• South African passport holders do NOT require a visa for Tanzania, however, most other nationalities require a visa for Tanzania
• Health requirements (Yellow Fever compulsory if traveling to Tanzania recommended)
• Highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
• Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in Tanzania
• Optional but highly recommended Portable toilet
• Snacks, personal medicine, and water purifying tablets
• Meals & drinks not specified and snacks.