Group climbs are great if you are traveling solo, are a couple, or just wish to experience the climbing Kilimanjaro with other travelers from all over the world. Our groups usually range from 4-12 persons. The maximum number of clients in a group climb is 12-18 persons depending on the route chosen.
Kilipeak Adventure we offer Mount Kilimanjaro group climbs on the following routes: Machame, Lemosho, Shira, Northern Circuit, Marangu, and Rongai.
All group climbs are guaranteed to depart regardless of the number of participants. Your trip will never be canceled, and you will never be asked to pay more, even if you are the only person booked on the climb.
We climb Mount Kilimanjaro every day of the year and can schedule a climb with just 2 days’ notice for any booking group size. However, many climbers – particularly those traveling solo – prefer to join others who have already booked. It is for this reason that Kilipeak adventure we publish our pre-scheduled Kilimanjaro dates below.
Below are our pre-scheduled climbs that you are invited to join, where availability allows.
If the dates below are not convenient for you please propose your own dates and we will arrange a climb specifically to suit you. We are able to organize a climb for you on any day of the year, and there is no minimum group size for this option.
|Reference||Climb Start||Climb End||Route and prices||Availability|
|MAC1||Jan 04-2020||Jan 09-2020||6 Machame-$1750 pp||A group is open to join|
|MAR2||Jan 11-2020||Jan 16-2020||6 Marangu-$1650 pp||A group is open to join|
|MAC3||Jan 25-2020||Jan 30-2020||6 Machame-$1750 pp||A group is open to join|
|SHI4||Feb 8-2019||Feb 15-2020||7 Shira-$1950 pp||A group is open to join|
|RON5||Feb 16-2020||Feb 21-2020||6 Rongai-$1750 pp||A group is open to join|
|MAC6||Feb 24-2020||Feb 29-2020||6 Machame-$1750 pp||A group is open to join|
|LEM7||Feb 22-2020||Feb 29-2020||8 Lemosho-$2250 pp||A group is open to join|
|NOR8||Mar 01-2020||Mar 06-2020||9 N/Circuit-$ 2450pp||A group is open to join|
KILIMANJARO GROUP JOINING PACKAGE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- Tanzania VAT on tourism activities and park fees
- 2 Nights’ shared, budget 2-star accommodation at Karama Lodge Arusha, on bed and breakfast basis (lunch and dinner can be arranged on request and at additional cost)
- Hotel accommodation includes storage facilities for excess luggage during hikes
- Return transfers between the hotel to the start/finish point of a climb
- All Kilimanjaro National Park gate fees, camping/hut fees, and climbing permits.
- Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees (Kilimanjaro Rescue Team)
- The chief guide carries a Pulse Oximeter, used to take blood-oxygen level readings of clients twice a day
- Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
- Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
- Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters and cook
- Salaries for the mountain support crew, as per required KINAPA minimum payments
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
- Camping equipment (tents, sleeping mat, camp chairs, camp tables, mess tent & cutlery for meals) – not applicable on the Marangu route as all meals are served at the camps in designated dining halls
- Portable toilet (Portable toilet not allowed on the Marangu route)
- Porter to carry your duffel bag, with the maximum weight of 15kg / 32 lbs, from one camp to the next camp
- Kilimanjaro National Park certificate for your successful summit attempt
- A comprehensive Climbing Kilimanjaro Travel Information pack
- Private hikes only guaranteed for 2 persons or more on Standard Package bookings – for individual climbers, additional fees would apply to arrange a private climb
KILIMANJARO GROUP JOINING PACKAGE EXCLUDES:
- Flights and airport taxes
- Items of a personal nature
- Optional shared tourist shuttle airport transfers between Kilimanjaro International Airport and Moshi town
- Hotel accommodation with the Standard Package does not include dinner but could be arranged at an additional cost
- Compulsory tips for guides, porters and cook (average tip is anything from US$250 to US$ 350 per hiker – depending on the number of days and number of hikers in the group, as well as the route is chosen)
- Entry visa for Tanzania (US$50 per passport holder for most nationalities / US $ 100 per visa for USA passport holders)
- Health requirements (Yellow Fever – only compulsory if you travel to Tanzania via a Yellow Fever infected country, Meningitis & Hepatitis A remains optional but comes recommended)
- Optional but highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
- Standard Packages do not include Flying doctors memberships (Helicopter evacuation to Nairobi) but could be done at own arrangement
- Personal hiking/trekking gear – you could rent some of the gear in Tanzania
- Snacks, personal medicine, and water purifying tablets
- Meals and drinks not specified.